An Efficient, Low-cost Custodian for Advisors
Altruist is an online investment platform that offers commission-free trading, low account minimums, and a range of other features designed to help registered investment advisors like Bionic Capital build and manage client portfolios more effectively. Here are some of the benefits of using Altruist for Bionic Capital clients:
1. Commission-free trading: Altruist allows investors to buy and sell stocks and ETFs without paying any trading fees. This can help investors save money and keep more of their investment returns.
2. Low account minimums: Altruist has a low account minimum which makes it accessible to a wide range of investors, including those who are just starting out. Bionic Capital typically requires $100,000 or more for managed accounts but talk to us about your specific situation.
3. Automated digital portfolio management: Altruist offers multiple ETF investment models from leading providers such as Vanguard, BlackRock, State Street, and others. Bionic Portfolios from Bionic Capital are also available through Altruist. The Altruist platform is efficient and effective for managing diversified model ETF portfolios that are tailored to each investor’s goals and risk tolerance. This can help reduce the risk of making emotional investment decisions by investors and managers.
4. Tax-efficient investing: Through Altruist, Bionic Capital can use tax-loss harvesting strategies to help investors minimize their tax liabilities and maximize their after-tax returns.
5. Educational resources: Altruist provides a range of educational resources to help investors learn about investing and stay informed about their portfolios. These resources include articles, videos, and webinars on topics such as asset allocation, risk management, and portfolio construction.
6. Personalized guidance: Through Altruist, Bionic Capital offers personalized advice to investors, including ongoing guidance on investment strategies, investor risk tolerance, retirement planning, and a multitude of other wealth management topics.
7. Socially responsible investing: For those interested in socially responsible investing, also known as ESG (Environmental, Social, and Governance) investing, Bionic Capital and Altruist offer a range of socially responsible investment options from leading asset managers as well as Bionic Portfolios focused on ESG investing.
8. Easy-to-use platform: Altruist has a user-friendly platform that is easy to navigate, with clear and concise information on your investment holdings and portfolio performance.
9. Transparent pricing: Altruist has a simple and transparent pricing model, with no hidden fees or charges as does Bionic Capital. Accounts are free to open. ETF model portfolios and Bionic Portfolios are each managed for only 0.57% annually based on the assets managed. Because of low Altruist platform fees and low Bionic Capital overhead, you can save money while investing in some of the best portfolios available anywhere.
10. Security and protection: Altruist takes security seriously, with bank-level encryption and multi-factor authentication to protect investor data and assets. Altruist is also a member of the Securities Investor Protection Corporation (SIPC), which provides protection for investor assets in case of broker-dealer bankruptcy. All information held at Bionic Capital is confidential as are all conversations with clients.
In summary, through Altruist, Bionic Capital offers a range of benefits to retail investors, including low portfolio management fees, commission-free trading, personalized guidance, tax-efficient investing, and a user-friendly platform. With a focus on transparency, security, and efficiency, Altruist is a compelling custodial option for investors who are looking for a user-friendly platform for long-term managed ETF portfolios.
Bionic Capital and Altruist
Independent advisors like Bionic Capital have many choices in managing their businesses to benefit their clients. We at Bionic Capital try to give clients the best, most cost-effective options that will exceed their investing and financial needs. Sometimes the best solutions encompass several providers.
Depending on your needs, Bionic Capital may suggest opening an account through Altruist, then allowing us to open another account for you at Schwab Institutional. Both accounts are free to open.
In this way, you can receive the best that each custodian offers. Altruist will show your consolidated holdings from your Schwab and Altruist accounts so you can easily see and track everything you own through your Altruist investor portal.
Discuss with us your needs and we can advise you on how to benefit from Altruist and our other providers.
Nothing on this site should be considered tax, legal, insurance, or investment advice. Decisions based on information on this website are the sole responsibility of the person viewing the site. You agree to hold Bionic Capital LLC, its officers, employees, and independent contractors, harmless against any and all claims, losses, liability, and expenses arising from its use.
The value of an investment may go up or down. An investor may not receive the amount initially invested, and income, if any, may fluctuate. Past performance is not necessarily indicative of future returns. Potential clients should consider their investment objectives and constraints, among other things, before investing. Contact Dean Erickson, CFA at (321) 574-8052 for a discussion of risks.